EBRAINS is a new digital research infrastructure (RI), created by the EU-funded Human Brain Project (HBP), that gathers an extensive range of data and tools for brain-related research. It draws on cutting-edge neuroscience, big data, computing, robotics and related technologies to help translate the latest scientific discoveries into innovation in medicine and industry, for the benefit of patients and society. EBRAINS’ ambition is to provide the scientific community at large with an open state-of-the-art capability that fosters collaborative brain science, opens the way to groundbreaking discovery and aims to secure Europe’s leading position in the dynamically growing field of multidisciplinary brain research and its exploitation.
EBRAINS currently offers several categories of services, research capabilities and resources:
- Data and Knowledge: Online solutions for sharing research data, computational models and software
- Atlases: spatial reference systems for navigating, characterising and analysing neuroscientific findings on the basis of anatomical location
- Simulation: solutions for brain researchers to conduct sustainable simulation studies and share their results
- Brain-Inspired Technologies: Understand and leverage the computational capabilities of spiking neural networks
- Medical Data Analytics: The Medical Data Analytics service provides two unique EBRAINS platforms, covering key areas in clinical neuroscience research
- Community: Workspaces, computing and storage resources, and community networking tools that allow researchers working together